Whether you are planning to upgrade your kitchen or want to replace the broken cooktop with a brand new model, purchasing the ideal induction cooktop can be a tricky process. This is because there are innumerable options to choose from, and each one of them seems to be just the same and in such a scenario how can you find the one that is ideal for you?
Table of Contents
Are you struggling with the same question? Worry no more, as this article reveals the five steps that can be followed to identify the ultimate cooktop in an effortless manner. Before that, let’s know more about what exactly are these cooktop and what makes them a crucial element of the kitchen.
What is an Induction Cooktop and How Does it Work?
Induction cooking is a process in which electromagnetic energy is used for heating pans and pots. The cooktop provides direct action, ensuring super-fast heating, safe operation and instant response too. The flat surface design of the cooktop makes them a sleek and contemporary cooking solution for every home. The working of the cooktop can be better explained as:
- Induction creates electromagnetic fields and this releases energy on the glass surface of the cooktop.
- The cookware transforms into a heating element and the energy heats only the base of the cookware present on the cooktop.
- Other parts of the cooktop remain cool to touch, while only the base stays heating during cooking.
- Magnetism present between the cookware and induction surface results into fast cooking in a seamless way.
Search For The Ultimate Induction Cooktop:-
When you are looking for the ultimate cooktop for induction cooking and that too within your budget then there are only five simple steps that you need to follow and these are:
- Step 1- Determine the Size: The cooktops are available in various sizes, where the smallest one features a width of approximately 30cm, while the largest one with two cooking spaces is about 90cm. If you want to replace the old cooktop with induction then do make sure that you have open space in the kitchen and then consider the dimensions of the cooktop that you want to buy.
- Step 2- Cooking Zones: Portable induction cooktop have a single cooking zone, while 90cm cooktop can have about 4 independent cooking zones. The choice should be based on your preferences. For example, a large family would require multiple zoned induction, while for small families the portable versions would be the ideal pick.
- Step 3- Features: Have a look at the features of the cooktop such as the controls, timer and programmed recognition. Certain cooktop comes with touch control operations that help you adjust the temperature just by touching the surface, while some cooktop is equipped with buttons too.
- Step 4- Reliable Brand: When sure about the size, cooking zones and features of the cooktop the next step is to focus on the brand that you choose. Always count on reputed and trustworthy brands that have made their presence count in the industry. Further, certified brands offer a warranty on the cooktop that ranges from one to five years, based on the model that you choose.
- Step 5- Make Your Move: The last step is to take an informed decision and buy the cooktop that you always wanted. There are many stores that have made their way to online platforms giving an opportunity to shop for the best cooktop at the comfort of your home. Potential stores offer rebates, seasonal sales and discounts to let you unlock exceptional prices.
The Advantages of Using Induction Cooktop
There are innumerable advantages of using induction cooktop in your kitchen. In fact, the cooktop is known for its three important qualities:
Induction cooktops are capable of heating the cookware quickly than conventional gas or electric cooktops. The gas burner of 12,000 BTU takes approximately 36 minutes to bring 5 gallons of water at its boiling point, but a mere 1,800 watts induction is able to do the same in 22 minutes and this watt is equivalent to only 3.4 BTUs.
Besides this, the response rate of induction to the temperature adjustments is faster and this means when the heat is lowered the results can be experienced in no time.
The induction cookers are almost 60% efficient than gas stoves, as in such stovetop a lot of energy tends to heat around the cookware instead of heating the bottom. Moreover, the efficiency of the cooktop reaches 40% when compared to electric stovetop.
Since the surface of the induction cookers do not heat, you or the young ones cooking along with you will not get their fingers burned. Even when the sauce gets splattered on the surface, it will not burn and this makes the after cleanup easier too.