Whether you are lost in the wilderness or just trying to test your mettle against nature, you got to know more about the things to look for as your survival guide. Whether you are alone or riding on a horse, learning these tips will probably be the best choice you could have made. You can get the best tips from the survival specialists, who know the right tricks to take. They might help you with the certain types of fluids your body needs at that time or ways to stick to basics for the longest period of time.
Table of Contents
First of all – find water:
At first, you have to locate a body of water like a lake, river, pond and stream. For that, start early with your horse and get back to your location before the sunset. You can get ideas on that from TVG.
- Finding any water body after dark is not a preferable choice. Always remain close to your horse as that animal will be your mode of transportation during wildlife survival trip.
- Make sure to keep the horse hydrated as well when you find a water body and also provide the animal with its feeds.
- It is always a clever task to build a shelter around the water body so that you don’t get dehydrated that easily if you have to spend quite some time in the wild.
Be sure to sterilize the water:
It is always important for you to boil the water that you collect from water bodies before consuming, and do the same for your horse as well. In case you have a metal container, you can put it on fire and boil that for 20 minutes for sterilizing the item. If you don’t have any container to put on fire, you can use the boiling pit to cover the task easily.
Time to build a shelter:
Want to build a shelter to survive the remaining days in the jungle before someone comes and finds you? For that you have to first find a fallen tree or look for a place near Cliffside. You have to build a shelter against a large surface, which can easily block out wind and even help you to hide from any predatory animals. Once you have the location, start finding a water body near the shelter, so that you don’t have to travel much.
- Always remember to check on animals are living near your vicinity.
- You have to lean larger branches against Cliffside or tree.
- Fill up the gaps between larger branches with some of the smaller ones.
- Try collecting moss to fill up space for better insulation and also to keep your body warm during cooler night times.
For the food part:
In terms of obtaining food, eat anything you can bugs can be the rich source of protein during your wildlife survival stage. Just be sure to clean the insides well before consuming. Avoid eating any bug you will come across, and remove extremities and the outer shells too. Other than that, you have trees for nuts, bird nests for eggs and more to keep you alive for long.